Protect one of your most expensive assets.
Fenner Dunlop provides a full range of conveyor belt cleaners, ploughs, and cleaner accessories to help you protect and maintain one of your most expensive assets – your conveyor belt.
Our range is designed specifically to reduce ‘carryback’ – the material that sticks to the belt after it leaves the transfer point and continues falling off along the conveyor’s return side.
The three keys to good belt cleaning are: cleaner selection for the application; accurate installation; and proper maintenance. Let one of our highly-experienced and trained technicians tailor a cleaning solution to ensure you get the most out of your system.
Why Belt Cleaners? (or Belt Scrapers if you prefer):
- Saves you money – reduces belt, splice and idler wear caused by carryback as well as minimising product loss;
- Lowers your maintenance cost – less clean up man-hours required;
- Keeps conveyors running efficiently and consistently – minimising downtime; and
- Improves safety - with 42% of costly conveyor-related accidents happening during maintenance.
Types of Conveyor Belt Cleaners
- Mounted on the head pulley and below the material flow;
- Removes the big stuff, typically cleaning 60-70% of the initial carryback;
- Located just past where the belt leaves the head pulley and anywhere down the beltline; and
- Especially good at removing fines, increasing cleaning efficiency to 90+%.
We also offer a range of specialty cleaners designed for specific or extreme applications and polyurethane and tungsten carbide blade options.
Key criteria for analysing your conveyor system
Analyse your system, or let one of our experienced conveyor technicians do it for you. Key criteria include:
- Belt speed and width;
- Types of splices present and their condition;
- Load or environmental characteristics – hot, dry, wet, sticky, abrasive etc.;
- Whether the belt reverses;
- Conveyor structure width;
- Your pulley diameter and condition; and
- The material’s path on the belt – section of belt where material sits – typically centre 2/3 of belt.
Contact us or your local Fenner Dunlop branch to find out more about our range of cleaners or to get your comprehensive tailored conveyor cleaning solution.