Fenner Dunlop’s Aramid reinforced conveyor belt!
Five times the strength-to-weight ratio of steel
Fenner Dunlop's revolutionary concept in straight-warp conveyor belting - KordFlex® uses a high tensile, extremely low stretch Aramid (Kevlar®) carcass. Aramid has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of all the conveyor belt reinforcements used. More than twice that of our synthetic fibres (like polyester and nylon), and five times that of steel. KordFlex® has a 10:1 safety factor.
Carcass weight reduction of more than 70% compared to steel cord
Especially useful in weight sensitive, high abrasion, high tension applications, the KordFlex® carcass can be combined with any of Fenner Dunlop's premium cover compounds. When using KordFlex in place of existing steel cord belting it can result in a carcass weight reduction of more than 70%.
Greater ‘available cover’ life
The transition from a steel cord belt to a KordFlex® belt also offers economic benefits by having greater ‘available cover’ life. This is due to the fact that the covers can be worn down much closer to the carcass without significantly compromising its impact, tear or tensile strength, providing a minimum additional 2mm of usable cover.
In our preliminary site trials - when combined with Fenner Dunlop’s Ultra Tuff™ abrasion resistant cover compound, KordFlex® has outperformed steel cord belts used in short cycle balance machine applications.
- Longer belt life in tough service.
- Low stretch belt approaching steel cord specifications for take up travel.
- Lighter weight belt that results in a greater energy savings per ton conveyed.
- Less downtime due to faster splice compared to steel cord.
- Greater rip, tear and impact resistance.
- Excellent load support, trough ability and tracking
- Longitudinal rip resistance more than five times of the equivalent rated multi-ply belts and steel cord belts.
- KordFlex® allows for the use of mechanical fasteners for "break-in”. For situations where downtime means lost production, this is a valuable option.
Available in single and dual ply construction up to ST2300.
Contact us or your local Fenner Dunlop branch for more information.